Registration for 2018 will open in March
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
- Age 13+ — Sliding Scale from $165
- Age 7-12 — $125
- Age 4-6 — $105
- Age 2-3 — $85
- Age < 2 — $45
We try to keep our costs low so you can come and have a fabulous time. We are less expensive than any other camp session at Pinewoods and we also use a Pay-What-You-Can system. This system relies on people who can pay more helping to subsidize those who cannot. The exciting result is that more people get to experience the joy of the weekend than would otherwise be able to. We ask you to carefully consider your means in relation to the cost of the weekend and be as generous as you can. But, most importantly, we want you to be able to come.
How It Works
Actual Cost: $215 is the actual per-adult cost of holding the weekend. (We have different prices for kids 12 and under. See “Pricing” above) Out of this, $170.64 goes to housing, meals, and use of the space, $39.52 to hiring the wonderful staff, and the rest for things like snacks, buttons, and other miscellaneous costs. If you can afford to pay $215, please do. If you can’t, we still want you to come and there are options for you as well! Read on…
Minimum: The minimum we’re asking adults pay is $165. If you can afford to pay more, every dollar goes towards supporting other campers and making Swing into Summer an accessible and awesome weekend with a diversity of folks! ($265, for example, makes it possible for someone who can only afford the minimum to attend.)
Please note: If you can only afford $165, we hope you will come. That’s why we’re doing this after all. But… if everyone chose to pay the minimum of $160, the weekend would lose about $4800!! No one wants that to happen! So think about what you can pay and be generous.
Paying More: Our system relies on people who can paying a bit extra to help cover those who can’t afford to pay actual cost. It’s a community-driven system. So, if you can, chip in and make great things happen! $265 (Sponsor Level) will cover one person at the minimum. $310 (Community Builder Level) will cover two. Yay, math! And thank you!
Here are a few scenarios to help you consider which payment bracket is right for you:
- You are a student and your parents are helping cover the registration costs.
- Go for $215.
- You just graduated from college, are unemployed, and get a headache looking at your student loan balance.
- Maybe somewhere between $165 and $215 is for you.
- You have a steady job but remember what it was like to be in the above category.
- $265 will help make this a sustainable weekend.
- Life is good and you really care about ensuring these traditions are shared
- Chip in $290, be an Honor Supporter and make this weekend possible!
- You love Pinewoods, Swing into Summer and the folk dance community, and are looking at paying $345 for 4th of July Weekend
- Be a Community Builder at $315 and make a huge difference for dancers who otherwise couldn’t attend camp!
There are a few New Generation Initiative scholarships are available. These are full scholarships “for deserving young people, especially those completely new to Pinewoods.” If you’re interested, save this form, fill out the first page, save it again with your name in the file name, and then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hate to see you cancel, but should you need to, here’s our cancellation policy:
- Before May 1st – Full refund
- Before June 1st – Half refund
- After June 1st – Refund only above $215
Please note that all contributions above $215 are refunded.
Families and Under-18s
We welcome families! If you have questions about our kids programming or anything else, please contact us. If you are chaperoning someone under 18 to the weekend, whether or not they are your children, you must fill out this form. Please email this form to email@example.com right when you register, otherwise you might forget.
Due to the likelihood we will fill up, registration will be open for several weeks. All registrations received by the deadline are be processed together. If we receive more applications than spots, we will hold a lottery, in accordance with CDS Boston Centre camp policy. Registrations received after that will be accepted in order of receipt.
A note on gender balance
CDS Boston Centre does not consider gender in its camper admissions.